Monday, February 15, 2010

The start of a new adventure!

I am one of those people who actually enjoys grocery shopping. But I hate the drive home. I bite my nails and sweat the whole way in fear that I just spent WAY too much at the grocery store. I really feel like I do the best I can. I buy pretty much Wal-mart brand everything and still end up with a ridiculous grocery bill and nothing to make for dinner. I don't know if anyone else out there is feeling my pain on this but I have to say I think I have had enough.
I have recently started clipping coupons. I have been inspired by a lady on the internet that a friend referred to me. She is the coupon queen. I used to clip coupons but I honestly never felt it was worth the time to sit and clip. But I have been introduced to a new way of shopping...and it really is going to be a new adventure for me. I have always watched for sales at Lowes Foods and places like that but I have recently learned that with a little bit of time and a little bit of thinking skills (which I try to use occassionally!) you really can save a ridiculous amount if money at the grocery store...and better yet the drug store.
Below are two seperate shopping trips that I took. I did have to clip coupons and I did have to sit down and map out my shopping trip but it was totally worth it in the end. I saved a grand total of $67.05.
My first trip was to Lowes Foods yesterday afternoon. I already knew I needed cake stuff for Hailey's party this weekend and they just happened to have a sweet deal on their Betty Crocker Stuff plus I had some coupons. With a little effort I was able to turn a $36.18 trip into a $16.97 trip. Here is my pic from that trip:

---4 boxes of supreme brownie mix, 2 boxes of cake mix, 3 packages of cookies, 4 tubs of frosting, and 12 cups of yogurt---

This next pic is from my trip today which I am very proud of because I saved $47.84 and I worked pretty hard on it. I owe it to my friend Chantelle who walked me through over the phone how to make the separate transactions at Walgreens because they are kind of picky and I have never really shopped there before. I also thank DeShawn, the lady at Walgreens, who helped me when the other check out lady didn't know what to do with all of my coupons. My total bill was $76.99 and I paid $26.15

---4 canisters of Lysol wipes, 2 Lysol toilet cleaners, 2 Crest pro health moushwashes, 2 Gillette Fusion razors, 2 bottles of Downy fabric softener, 1 oral-b toothbrush and 1 tube of Crest toothpaste---

I spent all together $43.12 on everything you see here! I can honestly say it was well worth the time I put into clipping coupons and navigating sale papers. I think I may have found a new hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment