Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Productive Stalling...

I decided this morning to reorganize/de-clutter/get all the crap out of the back room. This poor room has been neglected for a while. Not as much as our bedroom. But that is for another day. So anyway, I started this morning and about an hour into it I realized I was completely overwhelmed but I am determined to have it finished by the time Randy gets home.
So why am I blogging right now? I was known as a child , especially by my dad, to be an expert staller. Right now I am just honing that skill. I am in the homestretch but I just needed a break. The kids were in melt-down central so I got them in bed for their naps (early, but they don't need to know that,) grabbed a handful of dark chocolate raisenets and plopped down in front of the computer to commence the stalling.
I figured I should make it worth while and productive so I shall tell of our week of VBS.
I LOVE VBS. It is possibly one of my favorite weeks of the year. I am on the dance team. Yeah. That's right. I barely have an ounce of rhythm in my body but somehow every year around VBS time I am able to pull that ounce together and get down with my bad self. It's for the kids... Oh, and can I just say the music this year is awesome!
I know it's not all about the numbers usually but can I just brag on God for a second? Okay, good. We have about 15 or so kids in our kid's ministry right now. 15. Last night at VBS we had 38 kids. THIRTY-EIGHT! And the majority of the kids we have had outside of our church are un-churched kids. God is awesome. We were kind of fretting over not having many kids and God just told us all to get out there and invite kids. We went to our neighborhoods and parks and just invited kids. It wasn't anything we did aside from just doing what God told us to.
This week has been such an encouragement to me. The kids have been so in to it. It's so cool so be up on the stage and see them singing at the top of their lungs and doing all the motions. They've been so in to the Bible stories and crafts and it's been so much fun to get to know new kids. Tonight's the last night and I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of sad it's over. But, my prayer is that we have made an impact on the kids lives and their parents and that God would continue to work in their little lives and that they would be open to His Word.

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure...

Me getting down with my bad self...


Game time...


Hailey concentrating hard on her craft...


Snack Team...


"But Jesus said, 'Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.'"
Matthew 19:14


I guess I will get back to operation back room now...

No comments:

Post a Comment