Thursday, January 20, 2011

A little prayer...


Nothing super exciting going on around here today, except Hailey prayed for the first time. We have never really pushed her into praying. We have explained to her that it is just talking to Jesus and we ask her occasionally if she would like to pray but we have never pushed the issue. But today, she and I were playing and I was the daughter and she was the mommy and she asked me to pray for our food during our pretend trip to Chick-fil-A. I told her that she was the mommy so she should. So she said, "Thank you for the food, amen." I was kind of surprised she actually did. So then at lunch... this time me being mom and her being daughter =) ... I asked her if she would like to thank Jesus for our lunch and she said she did. She said "Thank you Jesus for the food. And thank you for this day. And thank you for the food. Amen." It was so sweet. My heart melted. This is one of the things that makes the time and stress and lack of sleep and all of the other crazy things that go along with being a mom totally worth it. It is so awesome to see God working in her little heart and softening it towards Him. Anyway, I was pretty excited. I know it was just a prayer of thanksgiving for her lunch but God hears even the tiniest of prayers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment