Friday, October 21, 2011

Trust In The Lord...

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5 NLT)
Yesterday afternoon I was laying in bed trying my best to get some rest. I'm not a good napper. I can be utterly exhausted and when my head hits the pillow my mind starts going a million miles a minute. Well, that's what happened yesterday. I had some things I was struggling with in my mind and I could not let them go.
Hailey has one of the Steve Greene "hide'em in your heart" cd's that have verses written in song. I'm laying in bed and the Proverbs 3:5 one pops in my head. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."
The song kept playing over and over again in my head almost as if God were whispering...or singing...it to me. I have heard the verse a million times but it started to take on a new meaning to me. I realized as I was laying there that I was being disobedient to this verse by sitting there wrestling with the things I was wrestling with. Because the reason I was struggling so much with these issues is because I didn't understand them. I was relying on my own reasoning to give me comfort. And I wasn't getting any. I was not trusting in the Lord and His sovereignty and His wisdom. I was "leaning on my own understanding."
As soon as I realized what was going on I asked God to forgive me for not trusting Him and for relying on myself. This is something hard for me to do. Not the asking for forgiveness but the totally trusting in someone else. But who is more faithful and true and just and righteous than our Heavenly Father?
How about you. Are you having a tough time relinquishing control of your struggles and maybe things you just can't push past?. Put your Trust in the One who is the Author of all understanding. Let Him guide you through His Word and impart His wisdom upon you.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment