Monday, August 19, 2013

A letter to my firstborn on your first day of Kindergarten:

This morning my beautiful baby girl will start Kindergarten. Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday we were meeting you in the hospital for the first time. I think back to when it was just me and you and Daddy and we would pick "wowies" together and eat "molt and mutties" for breakfast and watch "meemos" in Mommy and Daddy's bed together.
I know you have told me at times that you really want to go to school. And to be honest, sometimes, as a mom, I feel guilty that you won't get to do a Kindergarten graduation and you won't get to do class field trips and you won't get to do stations and have art class and all the other fun things that go along with "going" to school.
But, I want you to know that Mommy and Daddy have prayed very hard about this and we really feel like homeschooling is what God has for you and for our family right now and, honestly, I am excited about it! I am looking forward to spending time with you. Time...it's a precious commodity these days. And I am looking forward to seeing each milestone you pass. I am looking forward to taking you and your brother and sister on field trips. I am looking forward to seeing how your relationship with them grows. I am looking forward to getting up in the morning and seeing what new adventures the day holds.
I know you are nervous about learning to read. Don't be. You will be a great reader. You are already an avid storyteller and I look forward to you learning how to put your stories on paper. You are going to learn so much this year and you are really going to do great. Your Mommy and Daddy believe in you. Trust God to carry you through the days that are hard. Look for beauty in the things around you. Be positive. Be confident in who God has made you. Know that your Mommy and daddy are praying for you on a daily basis. We love you so very much and we know that God has a special plan for your life.

Love,
Your BIGGEST fan 
Mom

"And I am sure that God, who began the good work in you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again." Philippians 1:6
"For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him." Philippians 2:13
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can comprehend. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post!! You're such a great mom. Prayers for you both as you start this exciting new adventure. Happy first day, Hailey!

    ReplyDelete